[ofa-general] Opinions on moving Linux InfiniBand/RDMA mailing list to vger?

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Fri Aug 21 02:10:04 PDT 2009

 > The one question I would have would be do the kernel.org people want to
 > see all of the traffic that we currently have on the open fabrics
 > general list for all of the user-space components?

I don't believe there's any problem with that.  vger already hosts quite
a few lists that are userspace only (eg git) or span user and kernel (eg
alsa and kvm).  And in any case the total traffic (# of subscribers, #
of messages) that the current general@ list generates is pretty minimal
compared to what vger already handles, so I think there's no problem
with having a linux-rdma at vger.kernel.org carry everything that
general at lists.openfabrics.org does today.

 - R.