[ofa-general] Question on dat_ep_post_rdma_write with DAT_COMPLETION_SUPPRESS_FLAG.

Davis, Arlin R arlin.r.davis at intel.com
Thu Feb 12 14:25:50 PST 2009

>I am get a bit confused by description on the
>DAT_COMPLETION_SUPPRESS_FLAG.
>
>Looks like it suppress notification after DTO operations. Is
>it always true?

Yes, with the exception of errors.

>I have found that when I am using dat_ep_post_rdma_write to transfering
>data over 128k (within 1 iov).  Event will be brought to server side
>(verified
>with cookie), and at client side an event with Invalid_DAT_EVENT_NUMBER
>will be received.

What side is server and which is client? You will not see any
indication on the remote side of an rdma_write. If you see an
event with invalid event number then there is a failure during
the operation or the QP went into error state.

What version of uDAPL are you using? 2.0 or 1.2?

Is this IB or iWARP?

-arlin