[ofa-general] Question on dat_ep_post_rdma_write with DAT_COMPLETION_SUPPRESS_FLAG.

Jie Cai Jie.Cai at cs.anu.edu.au
Thu Feb 12 14:42:26 PST 2009

Davis, Arlin R wrote:
>> I am get a bit confused by description on the
>> DAT_COMPLETION_SUPPRESS_FLAG.
>>
>> Looks like it suppress notification after DTO operations. Is
>> it always true?
>>

> Yes, with the exception of errors.
>

>> I have found that when I am using dat_ep_post_rdma_write to transfering
>> data over 128k (within 1 iov).  Event will be brought to server side
>> (verified
>> with cookie), and at client side an event with Invalid_DAT_EVENT_NUMBER
>> will be received.
>>

> What side is server and which is client?
sever side did the rdma write, and client side is the remote side.

> You will not see any
> indication on the remote side of an rdma_write. If you see an
> event with invalid event number then there is a failure during
> the operation or the QP went into error state.
>
> What version of uDAPL are you using? 2.0 or 1.2?

I am using uDAPL 2.0.

However, when I used DAT_COMPLETION_SUPPRESS_FLAG
at server side and the data been transfered is larger than 128KB,
there is an event come to the server side with rdma write cookie.

Is there an limitation on the size of data been transfered?

> Is this IB or iWARP?

This is IB, and I am using Mellanox ConnectX IB HCAs.
> -arlin

- Jie