[ofa-general] OFED-1.4: ofa-kernel modules do not compile on 2.6.26 under Debian Lenny

Guy Coates gmpc at sanger.ac.uk
Thu Feb 19 10:28:52 PST 2009

Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-02-19 at 15:31 +0000, Guy Coates wrote:
>>

> Hi Guy,
>
>> I started packaging the missing bits of OFED 1.3 for debian etch for my own
>> private use, as I needed some bits that were not present. (openSM, srp-tools,
>> and a set of OFED 1.3 kernel modules+headers that I could build lustre against,
>
> /me waves.

Lenny comes with 2.6.26 and I've been using the 2.6.26 backport to build the
OFED 1.4 kernel modules. The modules all build except for ipath_inf-mod,
iser-mod  and ehca.

I think I have fixed the iser module build issue; I'll generate some patches.

Following your comments on the lustre mailing list, I haven't attempted to build
lustre against OFED 1.4.

Cheers,

Guy

--
Dr. Guy Coates,  Informatics System Group
The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1HH, UK