[ofa-general] OFED-1.4: ofa-kernel modules do not compile on 2.6.26 under Debian Lenny

Brian J. Murrell brian at sun.com
Thu Feb 19 11:00:45 PST 2009

On Thu, 2009-02-19 at 18:28 +0000, Guy Coates wrote:

> Lenny comes with 2.6.26 and I've been using the 2.6.26 backport to build the
> OFED 1.4 kernel modules.

Without actually looking, I'd guess the backport for 2.6.26 is a lot
smaller and less intrusive than it is for the SLES10 and RHEL5 (2.6.16
and 2.6.18 respectively) kernels.

> Following your comments on the lustre mailing list, I haven't attempted to build
> lustre against OFED 1.4.

Chances are good that it will be a lot more successful than RHEL5 or
SLES10 I'd guess, so don't let comments regarding those OSes hold you
back.

b.