[ofa-general] RDMA write with immediate data.

Jie Cai Jie.Cai at cs.anu.edu.au
Thu Feb 19 19:39:10 PST 2009

Davis, Arlin R wrote:

>> if (initiator) {
>>     ret = dat_ib_post_rdma_write_immed(   h_ep,        //
>>
>> However, at remote side I got the following error message
>> indicates that
>> no event coming through.
>>
>> 5217 ERROR: DTO dat_evd_wait() DAT_TIMEOUT_EXPIRED
>> 5217 Error do_rdmw_write_with_immd: DAT_TIMEOUT_EXPIRED
>>
>> The return of dat_evd_wait is DAT_TIMEOUT_EXPIRED.
>>

> Does the initiator side complete successfully?

yes, the initiator complete successfully.

> Do you have receive's posted at the remote side for immed data?

Nope, the remote side didn't got an event, (dat_evd_wait timed out).
The way to find out the immed data is to check the out going
parameter &event of dat_evd_wait function.

&event.event_extension_data[0]->val.immed.data has not got a value yet.
> You can look at dtestx source for an immed data example.

Yes, I do checked this test program. The way to use
dat_ib_post_rdma_write_immed
is as same as dtestx.

Thanks,
Jie