[ofa-general] ***SPAM*** Unable to get IPoIB working

Robert Dunkley Robert at saq.co.uk
Mon Jan 26 06:37:22 PST 2009

Looks like the Infiniband side of things is fine (Although there are
many more knowledgeable people than me on this list). It might be the
MTU value that is causing the issue, I know at least in the case of
Centos that it does not like values that near to theoretical IP max so
try setting it to 1500 just for testing. Also, since you have the such a
high MTU value I assume you are running IPOIB in "Connected" mode so
maybe you should disable multicast for the adaptor (Connected mode does
not support multicast AFAIK).

The last possibility I can think of is some sort of default first ID
being assigned to the older Infiniband card in the system or IPOIB
possibly trying to use the other card. If its not needed try removing or
disabling the older card. Otherwise, maybe someone else here can help
you.

Rob