[ofa-general] ***SPAM*** opensm send_trap144 question

Hal Rosenstock hal.rosenstock at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 07:24:54 PST 2009

Sasha,

In commits 663255db91ecd2baf78b28d77b4397314e5349ca and
e59489bf06bfed7491b7c3da64ca22ed326b1563, there is the potential for
trap 144 to be generated. We've discussed some aspects of this when
the patches were first on the list. There's another aspect of this
that comes to light now that I've started playing with this. In
osm_req.c, osm_send_trap144 does not set (or for that matter currently
clear) the resp_expected flag. It seems to me that a more robust
strategy would be to set resp_expected to try to make sure that the
other side sees the trap (and the timeout/retry strategy is used).
There are a number of underpinnings to change to do this. Would you
accept a patch along those lines ?