[ofa-general] Problem executing IB Verbs/RDMA code via JNI

David Dillow dave at thedillows.org
Thu May 21 23:05:50 PDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-05-22 at 09:36 +0500, Zafar Gilani wrote:
> First of all I apologize for sending more than one message, but the
> reason is that I did not see any list of discussions on the
> lists.openfabrics.org, just a digest sent daily, so I wasn't sure
> whether anybody will have a look at it or not. Apart from that I think
> you have misunderstood my email.

Nice backpedaling, but
1) The list is archived at lists.openfabrics.org, and it is hard to miss
the link.
2) The archive has a copy of your message to me, within 90 minutes of
you sending it.
3) This is not a high-volume list, and "my message might be missed"
really doesn't hold water.

> > You then complain that you did
> > not get a response within 12 hours, 8+ hours of which the US
> contingent
> > of this list were likely asleep or otherwise away from their
> computers.
>
> Could you point out the part in my email where I am complaining
> explicitly or implicitly?

"No one answered my email" in 12 hours is generally considered a whine.

> Secondly is everyone from the US on this list? Last time I remember
> internet did not have territorial jurisdiction.

No, only a very small percentage of the US population is on this list.
I'd be mildly surprised if less than half of the list is based in the
same timezones as the US, though.

I pointed out that good part of the list membership was asleep, and the
reset were working on their day jobs. You seem to have cut that part.

In any event, if the code works natively and not inside the JVM, I would
suggest investigating what is different in the broken environment. You
seem to have forgotten the error log in the tarball, nor did you state
which side crashes -- client, server, or both. You also don't specify
which OFED version you are running. This makes it hard for the people
that actually want to help you.