[ofa-general] Problem executing IB Verbs/RDMA code via JNI

Zafar Gilani zafargilani at gmail.com
Thu May 21 21:36:00 PDT 2009

> You sent several almost identical messages to this list in a very short
> period of time,

First of all I apologize for sending more than one message, but the reason
is that I did not see any list of discussions on the lists.openfabrics.org,
just a digest sent daily, so I wasn't sure whether anybody will have a look
at it or not. Apart from that I think you have misunderstood my email. When
I said "This is my second message on the list. This one is exactly same as
first one, my previous did not receive any replies.", it did not imply that
you people are supposed to reply, it was to ensure that if anybody has
previously seen my first message, should not waste his/her time at this.
Another reason was to see my message in the daily digest general, it is easy
to miss a message in such a list. It would be my mistake if somebody could
have possibly helped me but did not see my problem.

> with a question that while not exactly "could you do my
> homework for me?" is not too far removed.

Secondly I am not asking you or anybody to do my home work. I have explained
in the email what I have already tried, and requested for help such that
somebody could give me any ideas or pointers in the right direction, since
there must be highly experienced people on the list. Reason for giving the
code was for better understanding of the context of the problem for someone
who is willing to give his 10-15 minutes in this regard.

> You then complain that you did
> not get a response within 12 hours, 8+ hours of which the US contingent
> of this list were likely asleep or otherwise away from their computers.

Could you point out the part in my email where I am complaining explicitly
or implicitly? Secondly is everyone from the US on this list? Last time I
remember internet did not have territorial jurisdiction.

Regards,
Zafar
<http://hpc.niit.edu.pk/%7Ezafar>