[ofa-general] Bad interaction between ofed, NFS and Gaussian

Thu Sep 3 03:46:12 PDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-09-02 at 14:15 -0700, Jeff Becker wrote:

> Does it also happen with OFED 1.5 alpha? Thanks.

Was bug 1671 landed to 1.5?

> Tziporet Koren wrote:
>
> > It seems issues of NFS/RDMA backports.
> > Can you install OFED without NFS/RDMA?

But in 1.4.x, simply disabling NFS/RDMA does not prevent use of the
backport headers that NFS/RDMA brings in.  That's why I filed bug 1671.

Jon Mason provided me a patch for bug 1671 which I backported to 1.4.x
and his patch resolved problems I was having because I was getting
NFS/RDMA headers even though I had selected to not build NFS/RDMA.

Jon: can you attach your patch to bug 1671, just so it's on record?
Maybe that patch will solve OP's problems, although I have to admit
having jumped into this thread late and not fully understanding it's
origins.

b.