[ofa-general] Bad interaction between ofed, NFS and Gaussian

Jon Mason jon at opengridcomputing.com
Tue Sep 8 13:42:41 PDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 03, 2009 at 06:46:12AM -0400, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-09-02 at 14:15 -0700, Jeff Becker wrote:
> >
> > Does it also happen with OFED 1.5 alpha? Thanks.
>
> Was bug 1671 landed to 1.5?

No, it's still in my local tree.  I was waiting for you to verify it on
OFED 1.5 before I committed it.

> > Tziporet Koren wrote:
> >
> > > It seems issues of NFS/RDMA backports.
> > > Can you install OFED without NFS/RDMA?
>
> But in 1.4.x, simply disabling NFS/RDMA does not prevent use of the
> backport headers that NFS/RDMA brings in.  That's why I filed bug 1671.

It all depends on the application, but I doubt that any application
aside from Lustre has the header file implications.

> Jon Mason provided me a patch for bug 1671 which I backported to 1.4.x
> and his patch resolved problems I was having because I was getting
> NFS/RDMA headers even though I had selected to not build NFS/RDMA.
>
> Jon: can you attach your patch to bug 1671, just so it's on record?

I'll send it out as an RFC shortly, and push it when you confirm it
solves the issue on OFED 1.5.  Sound reasonable?

Thanks,
Jon