[openfabrics-ewg] Re: How to generate IBED releasesusing 1.0branch

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Wed Apr 5 11:09:28 PDT 2006

    Matt>   I think this definition of OpenFabrics software release
    Matt> and IBED distribution release makes technical sense right
    Matt> now. However, having two release processes is going to make
    Matt> it confusing for customers.  This is why the OpenFabrics BOD
    Matt> asked us to come up with one release process.

This doesn't have to be confusing, unless we insist on talking about
talking about two OpenFabrics releases.  There is _one_ OF1.0 release.
There is also an IBED distribution that includes OF1.0 plus other
components (MPI & kernel modules).  I think other distributions of
OF1.0 focusing on other things would be healthy and good, but no one
is working on any yet.  This is no more confusing that the fact that,
for example, there is both a 2.6.9 kernel release and a RHEL4
distribution release.

 - R.