[openfabrics-ewg] Welcoming IBM to EWG (Was: : ehca is not in OFED 1.1-rc1 anymore)

Greg Lindahl greg.lindahl at qlogic.com
Wed Aug 23 16:01:27 PDT 2006

On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 12:49:32AM +0200, Hoang-Nam Nguyen wrote:

> That Wiki page also mentions 2.6.9. I'm wondering if backport
> for that version is mandatory or not. Can you please clarify that?

It's a good idea(tm), as that allows you to support RHEL4. For better
or worse, Red Hat has backported so much stuff into their 2.6.9 kernel
version that you may not find it so difficult to provide a backport to
RHEL's versions. I would suggest looking at RHEL4 Update 4 at a
minimum.

-- greg

p.s. Welcome!