[openfabrics-ewg] [openib-general] drop mthca from svn? (was: Rollup patch for ipath and OFED)

James Lentini jlentini at netapp.com
Fri Aug 25 07:57:06 PDT 2006

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006, Bryan O'Sullivan wrote:

> On Thu, 2006-08-24 at 09:31 -0700, Roland Dreier wrote:
>
> > Along those lines, how would people feel if I removed the mthca kernel
> > code from svn, and just maintained mthca in kernel.org git trees?
>
> +1 from me.  We'll drop the ipath code, too.

I'm concerned about the licensing implications on moving the code.
Most of the source code hosted on kernel.org is GPL-only (the sparse
repository is the only one I know of that is not).

If the code is moved, how can the OpenFabrics community be guaranteed
that the entire software stack will remain under a dual BSD/GPL
license?

If the only goal is to use git, git can be setup on an OpenFabrics
server.