[openfabrics-ewg] [openib-general] drop mthca from svn?

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Fri Aug 25 09:15:44 PDT 2006

    James> I'm concerned about the licensing implications on moving
    James> the code.  Most of the source code hosted on kernel.org is
    James> GPL-only (the sparse repository is the only one I know of
    James> that is not).

I have no plans to change any of the copyright notices on the code.  I
see quite a few other dual licensed drivers in the Linux kernel tree
so I don't see why the current status quo would be a problem.

    James> If the code is moved, how can the OpenFabrics community be
    James> guaranteed that the entire software stack will remain under
    James> a dual BSD/GPL license?

You can't guarantee that someone won't come along and write some IB
driver and get it merged upstream without a BSD license.  So there's
not much we can do anyway.

 - R.