[openfabrics-ewg] [openib-general] drop mthca from svn?

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Mon Aug 28 12:03:40 PDT 2006

Roland Dreier wrote:
>     James> If the code is moved, how can the OpenFabrics community be
>     James> guaranteed that the entire software stack will remain under
>     James> a dual BSD/GPL license?
>
> You can't guarantee that someone won't come along and write some IB
> driver and get it merged upstream without a BSD license.  So there's
> not much we can do anyway.

Such a driver wouldn't be an OpenFabrics driver though.

My only concern with this is its effect on backport patches, since most users
are not running the later kernels.  I think only using the kernel org tree is
ideal for the more mature code though.  Developing code still requires a
separate repository.