[openfabrics-ewg] open-iscsi update for OFED 1.2

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Mon Dec 18 08:41:00 PST 2006

> In order to create backport patches to a
> specific distro, I need to know where I start from (i.e which kernel
> version).

I have just pulled 2.6.20-rc1 into OFED kernel tree.
Most likely, there won't be major API changes before 2.6.21.
So if that's what you were waiting for, go ahead, clone ~vlad/ofed_1_2/.git
and start working on the backports.
Try to use the kernel_addons infrastructure as much as possible (it's much
easier to maintain) where not you can still use kernel_patches/backports
as in OFED 1.1.

At your request, Vlad added checking out iscsi to ~vlad/ofabuild.git,
and I expect it does not build on any kernel older than 2.6.20-rc1.

Vlad here shall be able to help with any questions on OFED build scripts.

--
MST