[openfabrics-ewg] OFED procedures

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Sun Oct 1 05:04:10 PDT 2006

On 10/1/06 7:10 AM, "Michael S. Tsirkin" <mst at mellanox.co.il> wrote:

>> Here's some suggestions that I'd like to discuss:
>
> Jeff, is there any kind of proposal on the table which can serve
> as a basis for discussion? Or is this intended as a kind of brain storm
> session?

I'm guessing that it will be some of both.  The mail that I sent was a
concise proposal of topics (effort was taken to keep it a short e-mail that
people could easily read/digest).  I've gotten a fair amount of off-list
mail about these topics already; it seems like a lot of people have things
that they want to say and tweak the current way that we do things.

Mellanox previously committed to having all the current procedures
documented and published by the teleconference (Jack even contacted me out
of band to ask for some clarifications).  Will that be done?  Where can
people review it?  That would be a good starting point for the discussion.

I have no illusions that this 1 hour teleconference will encompass
everything that we need to talk about.  This will be the start of a longer
discussion, I'm sure.

>>    - Where non-version-specific development should occur and how it
>>      should happen
>
> Could you please clarify what does non-version-specific development mean?

The work that I am doing for OMPI OFED builds, for example -- it's not for
v1.1.  But it's not ready yet, and I haven't been able to commit it anywhere
(so it's not backed up / publicly visible).  You told me I'm not allowed to
commit it on the trunk -- so where should it go?  Having it on one
developer's hard drive doesn't seem like a good idea (I have previously made
suggestions about this).

--
Jeff Squyres
Server Virtualization Business Unit