[openfabrics-ewg] [openib-general] OFED 1.1 release schedule

Tziporet Koren tziporet at dev.mellanox.co.il
Tue Oct 17 05:35:42 PDT 2006

Arlin Davis wrote:
> Can someone double check the ib_cm kernel patch
> (sean_cm_drep_on_not_found.patch) again and verify the build process. I
> don't see the cm_issue_drep symbol in an RC7 build. From the build logs
> it appears that the patch is applied but I do not see the symbol in the
> installed ib_cm.ko after the build is complete.
>
> system with OFED RC7..
>
> nm ib_cm.ko | grep issue
> 0000000000001689 t cm_issue_rej
>
> system with latest svn pull....
>
> nm ib_cm.ko | grep issue
>
> 000029f7 t cm_issue_drep
> 00001486 t cm_issue_rej

I checked it and saw that the patch is applied, but since in the patch
Sean put the cm_issue_drep as a static, thus nm does not show it.
from the patch: +static int cm_issue_drep(struct cm_port *port,
Once I removed the static I get:
nm ib_cm.ko | grep issue
00001fca T cm_issue_drep
00001605 t cm_issue_rej

Still its not exported since there is no call for EXPORT_SYMBOL.

Do you really need the symbol to be exported out of the ib_cm module, or
is it enough this way.

Please reply ASAP since we want to close the release code today.

Tziporet