[openfabrics-ewg] RHEL5 and OFED ...

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Wed Oct 18 00:08:50 PDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-10-18 at 08:58 +0200, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> Quoting r. Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com>:
> > Subject: Re: [openfabrics-ewg] RHEL5 and OFED ...

> > > It includes the OFED 1.0 libibverbs (which makes openmpi complain about
> > > lack of out of band data support, but otherwise seems to work).
>
> What's out of band data BTW?

Probably just me misremembering the error message...here the actual
message is:

[0,1,1][btl_openib_endpoint.c:945:mca_btl_openib_endpoint_create_qp]
ibv_create_qp: returned 0 byte(s) for max inline data
[0,1,1][btl_openib_endpoint.c:945:mca_btl_openib_endpoint_create_qp]
ibv_create_qp: returned 0 byte(s) for max inline data

> > I built the OFED-1.1-pre1 user space RPMs for RHEL5.  They are available
> > at my web site.
>
> Thanks!
>
> > Kernel RPMs with the OFED 1.1 code will come a little
> > later.
>
> >From our dicussion, it seems we should be able to just push the
> small number of missing bits into RHEL5 directly. That would be
> nicer of course.

It depends.  If there's lots of individual changes, it might be easier
to push the OFED 1.1 change.  But, that depends on when the final OFED
1.1 comes out and how much it varies from the existing RPMs.

--
Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com>
              GPG KeyID: CFBFF194

Infiniband specific RPMs available at