[openfabrics-ewg] RHEL5 and OFED ...

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Wed Oct 18 00:29:04 PDT 2006

Quoting r. Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com>:
> > >From our dicussion, it seems we should be able to just push the
> > small number of missing bits into RHEL5 directly. That would be
> > nicer of course.
>
> It depends.  If there's lots of individual changes, it might be easier
> to push the OFED 1.1 change.  But, that depends on when the final OFED
> 1.1 comes out and how much it varies from the existing RPMs.

OFED is in deep freeze, so you can already look at it to estimate the amount of
changes against 2.6.18.
Could you look at the diff please so that I know whether it's worth it
to invest in building the minimal patch set for pushing into RHEL5,
or whether you'll push OFED 1.1 into RHEL kernel as is?

--
MST