[openfabrics-ewg] OFED 1.1 RC6

Aviram Gutman aviram at mellanox.co.il
Thu Sep 21 05:34:52 PDT 2006

Hi,

OFED-1.1-rc6 is available on
https://openib.org/svn/gen2/branches/1.1/ofed/releases/OFED-1.1-rc6.tgz

Please report any issues in bugzilla http://openib.org/bugzilla/

OS support:
===========
Novell:
     - SLES 9.0 SP3
     - SLES10
Redhat:
     - Redhat EL4 up3

     - Redhat EL4 up4*
kernel.org:
     - Kernel 2.6.17

* Please notice that there is no IPoIB multicast support in Redhat EL4
up4. A kernel patch will be in the documentation and customers that
needs it needs to use it

Limitations and known issues:
=================================

1. OpenIB Diags build on SLES10 ppc - Mellanox to fix - Vlad
2. iSER build on SLES10 needs root privilege - Voltaire supplied a fix
that will be integrated next week
3. Bug #233 SDP crash on ipath - not a showstopper to the release
4. Bug #33 ping fails on ib1 with Silverstorm switch - We couldn't
reproduce the problem. Silverstorm, Please debug
5. Fix IBDM to allow multiple devices on the same machine - Eitan Zahavi

Schedule:

Seems that we need another RC to fix the issue. Will RC7 on Monday or
Tuesday next week (hopefully with minor fixes) and a final release by
end of next is OK with every one?

Thanks,
	Aviram