[ewg] Re: pkey change handling patch

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Wed Apr 25 13:36:39 PDT 2007

 > rate of connections per second might be an intresting feature in the context
 > of doing TCP offload eg with SDP, when you want to see how many connetions
 > can a web server or database establish with clients in unit of time. With
 > the cache elimination every new connection will consume two more IB commands
 > (port query and pkey table read).

OK, but that seems irrelevant to the discussion at hand.  In a case
like that I would expect you to keep track of the P_Key index to use
and not look it up again for every connection.

...in fact, why is ipoib_cm.c looking up the pkey index for every
connection?  Shouldn't it use the pkey index that datagram mode
already looked up?

 - R.

 - R.