[openfabrics-ewg] OFED 1.2 alpha release

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.co.il
Wed Feb 14 08:25:06 PST 2007

Hi,

In two weeks delay we publish OFED 1.2-alpha1 on
http://www.openfabrics.org/builds/ofed-1.2/
File: OFED-1.2-alpha1.tgz
BUILD_ID contains info on all packages sources location.

Please report any issues in bugzilla https://bugs.openfabrics.org/

Tziporet & Vlad

*_OS support:_*
Novell:
    - SLES 9.0 SP3
    - SLES10
Redhat:
    - Redhat EL4 up4
    - Redhat EL5 beta2 (only partially tested)
kernel.org:
    - 2.6.20
    - 2.6.19

Note: Redhat EL4 up3, Fedora C4, Fedora C6 and SuSE Pro 10 are not part
of the official list.
We keep the backport patches for these OSes and make sure OFED compile
and loaded properly but will not do full QA cycle.

_*Systems:*_
    * x86_64
    * x86
    * ia64
    * ppc64 (have not tested user space)

_*Main changes from OFED-1.1:*_

   1. iWRAP is now supported with Chelsio T3
   2. New kernel modules: VNIC, RDS, Bonding, SA cache,
   3. New packages: MVAPICH2
   4. IPoIB Connected mode
   5. Multicast join from user space
   6. libibverbs 1.1
   7. OpenSM new routing models: FAT tree routing and Taurus routing
   8. GUI tool for network diagnostic
   9. New MPI releases: MVAPICH: version 0.9.9, Open MPI: version 1.2,
      MVAPICH2: version 0.9.8

Detailed list of changes can be found in:
https://wiki.openfabrics.org/tiki-index.php?page=OFED+1.2+release+plan+and+features

_*Limitations and known issues:*_

   1. ipath driver compilation fails on all systems, except for kernel
      2.6.20
   2. libipathverbs  is not working with libibverbs 1.1
   3. SDP netstat does not available on RHEL5 (due to compilation errors)
   4. Routing table problem in SLES10 when using port #2
   5. RDS compiles only on kernel 2.6.18/19/20
   6. MVAPICH2 installation fails on SuSE Pro 10.
   7. mstflint is not working on ppc64
   8. RDS was not tested

_*Missing features that should be completed for the Beta:*_

   1. Add madeye utility
   2. RDS to support SLES10 and RHEL

For details on each module status see:
https://wiki.openfabrics.org/tiki-index.php?page=Teleconf+02-12-2007