[openfabrics-ewg] [openib-general] OFED 1.2 alpha release

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.co.il
Thu Feb 15 01:43:02 PST 2007

Scott Weitzenkamp (sweitzen) wrote:
> I don't remember discussing dropping RHEL4 U3, and would like to add
> it back to the official list.  IPoIB multicast does not work correctly
> (bug 266) in RHEL4 U4, thus RHEL4 U3 is the most recent working RHEL
> release in this area (unless it has been fixed in U4 errata kernels).
> The new ib-bonding RPM also says it only supports RHEL4 U3 for Red Hat
> releases.
Its OK with me to add RHEL4 U3 for the official list.
All other partners - please approve
Regarding RHEL4 U4 and IPoIB bug - Or just prepared a patch that should
fix it. We will merge it and test for the beta.

> We should probably also plan for SLES10 SP1 support in OFED 1.2.

This is the plan. We still don't have the backport patches for this
kernel but they should be added for the beta.

Tziporet