[openfabrics-ewg] [openib-general] Minutes for January 15, 2007 teleconference about OFED 1.2 development progress toward code freeze

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Tue Jan 16 11:11:16 PST 2007

 >    * libibverbs 1.1: (from Roland)
 >          o Fork support - done
 >          o Minor ABI extensions for new low-level drivers - done
 >          o Better low-level driver handling, including multiple drivers
 >            linked in statically - done
 >          o Dropped from OFED 1.2:
 >                + Memory windows

OK, I was planning on postponing them until libibverbs 1.2.

 >                + Reregister memory region (incl. extend without
 >                  unregister...)

I will include the basic API but no implementation for this so that we
have a chance at including it in a future release of libibverbs 1.1
without breaking API or ABI.

 >                + libibverbs 1.0 to be included as well

I believe I have a way to make libibverbs 1.1 binary-compatible with
applications (but not drivers) built against libibverbs 1.0.  So it
will probably not be necessary to include libibverbs 1.0.

 - R.