[ewg] ANNOUNCE ofed backports for 2.6.22 kernel bits

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at dev.mellanox.co.il
Tue Jun 12 01:41:08 PDT 2007

For whom it may concern,
I have created an ofed git tree updated with kernel bits from 2.6.22-rc4,
and put that up at git://git.openfabrics.org/~mst/ofed_kernel.git

It may be useful to anyone interested in testing 2.6.22-rc4 technology
(such as mlx4) on older kernels, testing SDP with 2.6.22-rc4 bits, etc.
This tree also might (or might not) become a basis for kernel bits
for future ofed kernel releases.

This tree was test-built with ofa cross-build script and builds on as wide the
range of kernels as OFED 1.2 did. No testing was done as yet.

Erez, and other iser maintainers, I had a problem with RHEL4 iscsi backports
(scsi_flush_work isn't exported) I decided that since it isn't
called on older kernels it's reasonably safe to just comment it out,
but would be interested to hear you opinion.
See it in this sub-directory:
kernel_patches/backport/2.6.9_U2/libiscsi_no_flush_to_2_6_9.patch

I went over patches in kernel_patches/fixes/ and tried to remove
only these that were already applied, and update these that weren't.
But I'd like to ask all relevant parties to double-check nothing
that should be there is missing (and, hint hint, maybe think about
pushing the patches upstream).

In particular, there were a ton of ipath patches that it seems were
for the most part applied.
Qlogic maintainers, please help double check that I did not miss something
of value.

--
MST