[ewg] Re: [ofa-general] OFED 1.2 rc5 release

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Wed Jun 13 07:46:27 PDT 2007

Here is a minor spacing/nits patch for MPI_README.txt.

Additionally, I think that all three "Setup for * MPI..." sections
should be modified so that they are consistent with each other.
Specifically, I notice that the MVAPICH and MVAPICH2 sections make
reference to sourcing shell setup files.  This is obsolete; there is
a whole section on the mpi-selector that should address setting up
for Open MPI and MVAPICH*.  See Section 3.1 for what I thought we
were going to talk about in the "Setup for * MPI ..." sections.
Regardless of what we decide to discuss, the 3 sections should be
consistent.

Also, it seems a little odd that the ordering is MVAPICH, OMPI,
MVAPICH2.  Shouldn't MVAPICH and MVAPICH2 go together?  If we want to
go alphabetically, we should go in order: MVAPICH, MVAPICH2, OMPI.
It just seems odd that the 2 MVAPICH sections are not next to each
other.