[ewg] Mentioning bug #536 in the release notes

Erez Zilber erezz at voltaire.com
Thu Jun 14 03:47:43 PDT 2007

Erez Zilber wrote:

> Tziporet, Michael,
>

> I think that something should be said in the release notes about bug
> #536. Something like:
>

> When upgrading from older OFED versions, the installation script doesn't
> stop the old OFED version before uninstalling it. Therefore, it is
> recommended to stop the old OFED stack and only then upgrade to OFED 1.2.
>

> Also, uninstalling OFED 1.2 doesn't stop the stack. It is recommended to
> stop OFED before uninstalling it.

Tziporet,

What do you think? I think that it is worth mentioning because 2 days
ago I already saw that happening in our Boston office. They could not
understand why OFED 1.2 isn't functioning. The reason was that they
upgraded OFED 1.1 to 1.2 without stopping the stack. Mentioning that in
the release notes can really help.

Erez