[ewg] Issue with IPoIB-CM being enabled at boot

Jeremy Brown jeremy.brown at qlogic.com
Thu Jun 28 18:02:05 PDT 2007

I've installed OFED 1.2 (GA) on an Opteron system with SLES 10 installed
and a QLogic QHT7140 (HTX-connected InfiniPath card). The contents
of /etc/infiniband/openib.conf are the defaults created by the OFED
install script, which include enabling IPoIB-CM, and they look good to
me. I've attached the file.

When I boot up, /sys/class/net/ib0/mode shows "datagram," however, and
the MTU is set to 2044. The performance characteristics are such that
I'm sure it really is in datagram mode. When I manually change it to
"connected" mode, and set MTU to 65520, throughput increases
dramatically, as expected, so I'm sure it really is going into connected
mode.

Does anybody else have a problem with IPoIB coming up in datagram mode,
when you've configured it for connected mode (in openib.conf)? Can
anybody see what I've done wrong here?

Thanks a lot!

Jeremy Brown