[ewg] Re: [ofa-general] OFED 1.2 Feb-26 meeting summary

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Sun Mar 18 07:43:33 PDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-03-18 at 13:15 +0200, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> > I think you're missing Doug's point.  There is currently no mechanism
> > for the user to know that they're installing 2 potentially
> > conflicting versions of the same software (OFED).
>
> That's a good point, although not entirely correct. AFAIK OFED installer
> currently attempts to detect and warn about conflicting libraries, this logic
> probably can be improved.

No, it can't because you don't know that the OFED libraries will come
second.  They could be there first and then an up2date run might install
the Red Hat official libraries.  It simply is not a tenable, reasonable
situation, quit making excuses for it.

--
Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com>
              GPG KeyID: CFBFF194