[ewg] OFED Sep 10 meeting summary on OFED 1.3 development status

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.co.il
Mon Sep 10 12:38:33 PDT 2007

OFED Sep 10 meeting summary on OFED 1.3 development status

Meeting summary:
1. We reviewed OFED 1.3 features status:
	NetEffect - done
	QoS: OSM - done
	QoS - need to merge Sean patches to the kernel
	XRC - 90%
	IPoIB: stateless offloads - 90%
	IPoIB: enable IGMP - 90%
	RDS - RDMA API - done
	QLVNIC update - done
	SDP: Keepalive - done; Asynch IO - done, Zero Copy - 80%
	Bonding - 80%
	Management - done
	ehca - 90%
	mlx4 - 90%
	Chelsio - 90%

2. based on the status we decided to delay the feature freeze date to
next week
Alpha release is expected on Sep 19

3. We agreed on the following supported OS:
    * kernel.org: kernel 2.6.23
    * Novell: SLES 10; SLES 10 SP1
    * Redhat: RHEL 4 (up4 and up5); RHEL 5 (no up1)
    * Free distros (Fedora, OpenSuSE, Ubuntu) - basic testing only

4. OFED 1.3 plans can be found at:
* The presentation from Sonoma can be found at:
  http://www.openfabrics.org/archives/april2007sonoma.htm (OFED 1.2
Lessons, 1.3 Planning and Field Support)
* The new plans are also on the Wiki at (need some update from the
meeting today):

https://wiki.openfabrics.org/tiki-index.php?page=OFED+1.3+release+plan+a
nd+features

Tziporet