[ewg] status of ofed ipoib changes which are not upstream

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Tue Apr 29 04:45:32 PDT 2008

Eli Cohen wrote:
> I don't intend to push this to upstream kernel but I think we should
> keep it for ofed since for older kernels it provides better performance.
Again, the patch is very sensitive by nature, it did not pass a review
and numerous bugs were associated with it through the 1.3 cycle, I think
isn't it should be enough to see that there is a problem here. If you
see this differently, then send it for "review only for old kernels",
state on which kernels you see improvement, what is this improvement and
then we see.

> We have a few critical bugs in ofed which I will address first and in
> the background I'll push the fixes first and then the other patches. I
> hope to get more of them to 2.6.26 and the rest will wait for 2.6.27.
With "critical bugs in ofed (1.3)" are you referring to the IPoIB
related cases 985,989,1004,etc or its something else? 2.6.26 feature
window is going to be closed any day now, so the way to go is review and
merge them into the for-2.6.27 branch, but lets do it now and not 3
months away.

Or.