[ewg] ofed-1.4 ofed_2_6_27 and NFSRDMA

Steve Wise swise at opengridcomputing.com
Tue Aug 5 07:24:35 PDT 2008

Jeff Becker wrote:
> Steve Wise wrote:
>>
>> Jeff, I'm running on the ofed-1.4 ofed_2_6_27 branch.  Building
>> against a 2.6.27-rc1 running kernel that has nfsrdma configured.  I
>> then build/install the ofed drivers with nfsrdma configured in the
>> ofed tree.  This  _should_ effectively "replace"  the xprtrdma and
>> scvrdma modules from the 2.6.27-rc1 tree with the ofed built
>> versions.  It apparently is not doing this.  The result is an oops
>> when you try to use nfsrdma because the header files for key rdma
>> structs are different from the 2.6.27-rc1 kernel includes and the
>> ofed-1.4 includes.
>> It appears that the nfsrdma modules are _not_ getting installed by
>> the ofed makefiles.  EG I don't see an xprtrdma.ko in
>> /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/updates/kernel/net/sunrpc/xprtrdma.  I only
>> see on in /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/kernel/net/sunrpc/xprtrdma.
> Hi Steve. Thanks for finding this. Actually, I had only tested the
> base nfsrdma build/install on 2.6.26. I then switched to working on
> backports, and haven't had a chance to sync up my tree with the
> 2.6.27-rc1 stuff. I'll do that as soon as I can.

Note there are no backports for 2.6.27-rc1.  I think this is
makefile/bldenv issue.  I'm willing to debug this.

Also, i'm going to be taking Tom Tucker's fast-reg patches and adding
them to ofed-1.4#ofed_2_6_27.  I'll try and get all this working on
2.6.27-rc1.  How does that sound?

Also, did you include the nfsutils package in ofed-1.4?  We'll need that
for mount.nfs.

Thanks!

Steve.