[ewg] Re: cannot install SCST with SRP support

Vu Pham vuhuong at mellanox.com
Mon Mar 3 09:37:18 PST 2008

Doron Shoham wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install SCST with SRP support.
>
> I have followed the instructions on the SRPT_README.txt file:
>
> So far I have done the following steps:
>
> 1.
> 	a. git clone git://git.openfabrics.org/~vu/srpt_inc ~/srpt_inc
> 	b. Checking out scst's svn development tree revision 245
> 	svn co https://scst.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/scst/trunk/scst -r 245
> 	c. cd scst
> 	d. patch -p0 < ~/srpt_inc/scst_r245.patch
> 	e. make and make install
>
> On the SCST's Readme file it says:
> To compile SCST type 'make scst'. It will build SCST itself and its
> device handlers. To install them type 'make scst_install'.
>
> Why it is different then the instructions of the SRPT_README?

SCST readme show howto compile scst ie. *make scst
scst_install* from directory ~scst/trunk

SRPT readme show howto compile scst ie. *make && make
install* from directory ~scst/trunk/scst/

They will end up to be the same

> 2. I have also installed OFED1.3 with srpt.
>
> but I cannot load the following modules:
>
> modprobe scsi_tgt
> FATAL: Module scsi_tgt not found.

This is the error in the SRPT_README.txt - it should say
*modprobe scst*  instead scsi_tgt

   -vu