[ewg] Re: OpenSM 3.1.11 for OFED 1.3.1

Sasha Khapyorsky sashak at voltaire.com
Sat May 17 17:00:27 PDT 2008

On 04:55 Thu 15 May     , Hal Rosenstock wrote:

> I haven't seen any email yet to Vlad requesting it to be pulled into
> OFED 1.3 so I assume that is pending.

I noticed that this was pulled without request.

> Also, the release notes would need some minor updating now (renumbering
> and perhaps mention of additional bug fixes).
>
> >  I think Hal was asking about OpenSM version bumping
> >  and tarball release for 1.3.x.
>
> If this is not done, then how is this identified as different from
> 3.1.10 ?

1) by OFED version, 2) by git version suffix (but not sure it appears
when OpenSM is compiled from SRPM).

> We're back to which OFED did the OpenSM come from and I thought
> the agreed direction was to get away from this as much as possible with
> tarballs.

Correct, and this is how this will work with next major release. Unlike
this OFED-1.3.1 is *bug fix* release, which should mean that only
limited number of critical fixes should enter there.

We probably will generate new tarball at end of 1.3.x cycle (since there
are couple of changes already), but I will try to limit number of such
releases by only one - don't see a dig value to put version bump commit
on every single change.

Sasha