[ewg] OFED-1.4 build issue

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Sat Jan 3 06:39:06 PST 2009

So I downloaded the OFED-1.4.tar.gz file, unpacked it, went into
OFED-1.4/SRPMS and ran rpm2cpio on ofa_kernel-ofed-1.4.src.rpm, then ran
cpio on the output, then unpacked the ofa_kernel-1.4.tar.gz file.  I
then went into the ofa-kernel-1.4 directory and attempted to run
configure.  So far, there are at least three patches in the fixes
directory that won't apply either with or without quilt.  The
ipath_01_*.patch, ipath_02_*.patch, and mlx4_0390_Different*.patch files
all refuse to apply.  I haven't seen if there are others that fail to
apply, there may be.  I stopped after hitting the third one.  Does the
ofa_kernel tarball properly patch up for other people?

--
Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com>
              GPG KeyID: CFBFF194

Infiniband specific RPMs available at