[ewg] NFS-RDMA nfs-utils SRPM

Jon Mason jon at opengridcomputing.com
Tue Mar 10 15:59:52 PDT 2009

Hey Vlad,
I have a working SRPM for nfs-utils.  There is a fairly large design
decision I made, that I wanted to make you aware of before you pull this
in.  The nfs-utils RPM has some things that are very specific to each
distro.  Specifically, the init scripts to start/stop the nfs daemon.
I chose to work around this issue by only installing the mount part
necessary for mounting RDMA NFS connections, and naming it mount.rnfs.
This prevents any collisions with the existing nfs-utils, and thus the
same init scripts are still there with the original nfs-utils RPM.  This
is VERY similar to what Tom Tucker did for the OFED 1.2 backport.

Per your instructions I have created the diffs to add support for the
modified nfs-utils.  I have attached the files necessary to this e-mail.
Let me know if there are any problems.

Thanks,
Jon