[ewg] Re: NFS-RDMA nfs-utils SRPM

Jon Mason jon at opengridcomputing.com
Fri Mar 13 08:01:38 PDT 2009

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 02:46:55PM +0200, Yossi Etigin wrote:
> Hi Jon,
>
> I tried to use the attached src RPM and failed.
> First, it did not compile on SLES10SP2 - missing TAILQ_EMPTY definition.
> Then, I compiled it on RH5.1 and tried to mount. I got this:
>
> # mount.rnfs 192.168.8.160:/ /mnt -o port=2050 -v
> mount.rnfs: mount to NFS server '192.168.8.160' failed: RPC Error: Success
>
> And nothing was mounted.
>
> Besides that, there are problems with nfs-rdma kernel part on the distros:
> 1. The install.pl script part which checks nfsrdma availability on distor's is commented out.
> 2. On rh5.1 nfs.ko module cannot be loaded because of missing symbols

Thanks for testing, but unfortunately the SLES10sp2 and RHEL5.1
backports are not yet completed.  If you try RHE5.2, you should not see
any issues.

Also, the command to run would be
# mount.rnfs <ipaddr>:<exported-dir> <mount-location> -i -o rdma,port=2050

If you have any issues, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jon