[ewg] EWG (OFED) meeting minutes for Mar 12 09

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.co.il
Sat Mar 14 11:05:48 PDT 2009

These are the OFED (EWG) meeting minutes for Mar 12 on OFED 1.4 and 1.5
schedule

Meeting Summary:
==============
1. OFED 1.4.1: RC1 done; Many bugs to fix; Schedule on track
2. OFED 1.5 will be based over kernel 2.6.30. Release planed for Q3 (end
of Aug or Sep)

Details:
======

> a. OFED 1.4.1 release status:
> Reminder for OFED 1.4.1 schedule:
> *	RC1 - Mar 4 - done
> *	RC2 - Mar 17
> *	RC3 - Mar 31
> *	GA - Apr 7
>
> Critical bugs:
> bug_id	bug_severity	op_sys	assigned_to	short_short_desc
>
> 1538	blocker	Other	bugzilla at openib.org	how to deal with
> /usr/src/ofa_kernel/include/linux/autoconf.h? - Steve will look
> 1537	blocker	RHEL 5	jsquyres at cisco.com	openmpi_gcc compilation
> failure - there is a patch - Jeff sent a patch
> 1525	blocker	RHEL 5	vlad at mellanox.co.il	OFED 1.4.1 fails to
> compile of EL5.3 on IA64 - Woody to sent a patch
> 1546	blocker	Other	vlad at mellanox.co.il	Compilation on SLES11
> (x86_64 archi') failed - Jeff Baker
> 1540	critical	SLES 10	andy.grover at oracle.com	openib stop
> hangs on sles10sp2, ppc64 after kernel Oops in rds  - maybe fixed?
> 1524	critical	RHEL 5	eli at mellanox.co.il	Running out of
> MTT segments, Intel server - 24 cores/64GB memory - fixed
> 1547	critical	Other	eli at mellanox.co.il	modules are not
> being loaded after openibd restart on SLES11
> 1548	critical	Other	vlad at mellanox.co.il	Can't compile
> OFED1.4.1 on SLES11 - PPC - Alexander (IBM)
> 1348	major	RHEL 5	amirv at mellanox.co.il	Sdp sockets doesnt
> closed after programs end
> 1472	major	RHEL 5	amirv at mellanox.co.il	kernel panic when trying
> to unload sdp or reboot
> 1545	major	Other	eli at mellanox.co.il	Performance degradation
> in ofed 1.4.1 in TCP BW for some packets size
> 1287	major	RHEL 5	jackm at mellanox.co.il	IPoIB datagram mode
> initial packet loss
> 1506	major	RHEL 5	jackm at mellanox.co.il	driver occasionally
> fails to start on driver restart
> 1539	major	All	orenk at dev.mellanox.co.il	ibutils fails to
> compile on ppc64
> 1528	major	RHEL 5	jackm at mellanox.co.il	IPoIB get stack when
> running Hadoop application. - on work
> 1529	major	RHEL 5	jackm at mellanox.co.il	Opensm cannot be stopped
> following openib failure. - on work
> 1544	major	SLES 10	yosefe at voltaire.com	mpi_latency in ompenmpi
> hangs - nofix

Betsy raised a concern on the number of bugs.
Many bugs are related to the new OSes - RHEL 5.3 and SLES 11.
The other bugs are bugs that were found by more QA tests that are done
with OFED 1.4

Steve updated that NFS/RDMA backports are ready for RHEL 5.2 and 5.3,
and SLES 10 SP2 and SLES 11

All new patches will be taken by Vlad on Sunday.

> b. OFED 1.5:
> *	OFED 1.5 will be based over kernel 2.6.30 (meaning start builds
> when 2.6.30-rc1 is available in April)
> *	OFED 1.5 schedule will be late Q3 - Aug/Sep

Final schedule and dates will be set after Sonoma, based on the inputs
we will get.

> c. Bill presented some ideas for changes on OFA activities and role.
Since the time was short we decided to continue this topic F2F in Sonoma