[ewg] Re: [ofw] SC'09 BOF - Meeting notes

Liran Liss liranl at mellanox.co.il
Mon Nov 23 08:33:21 PST 2009

See below.
--Liran

I understand that this is your assessment of the situation, looking on
the series present at the ofed1.5 rdmaoe branch in a black box manner
yields that many many files are touched, see below. Coming and saying
that changes in your HW LL driver are out of the scope for other
companies to discuss is not acceptable, since we provide enterprise
ready stack based on your HW driver.

LL: Any comments on our low-level driver are more than welcome.
That being said, we have been running extensive testing on this code
base for several months now and see no stability issues.

all the rdmaoe materials saying the lossless traffic class is a must,
are you saying that this works well also without it? then why from
architect point of view you have posed this requirement?

LL: lossless traffic can be achieved today using global pause, for
example. PFC is still important; we will submit initial patches that
support it next week.