[ewg] Version of OFED in RHEL6?

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Thu Apr 22 08:01:30 PDT 2010

 > So what is the answer to the OP's original question though?  Probably
 > this is not really a question for this list, but surely, somebody here
 > knows...  Given the above statement about getting OFED from the upstream
 > kernel rather than an OFA release, what does that mean in terms of which
 > actual version of OFED will be in RHEL6?

I think this whole discussion is kind of ridiculous.  OFED is a
distribution of RDMA software, with the kernel as one of its main
upstream sources.  So you could ask what version of the kernel a given
OFED release is based on.  But "getting OFED from the upstream kernel"
is nonsense -- RHEL6 is getting RDMA drivers from the upstream kernel.

So asking what version of OFED will be in RHEL6 is a bit like asking
what version of SLES will be in RHEL6.

 - R.
--
Roland Dreier <rolandd at cisco.com> || For corporate legal information go to: