[ewg] EWG/OFED meeting minutes for Dec 12, 2010

Tziporet Koren tziporet at dev.mellanox.co.il
Mon Dec 20 09:21:14 PST 2010

  On 12/20/2010 6:01 PM, Tziporet Koren wrote:
> Agenda for today (Dec 12, 2010):
>
> 1. Do we must have 1.5.3 release?
>     Rational for not having it: we better move as soon as possible to 1.6 with new kernel base
>     Rational for having it: We need to add RHEL 6 support, bug fixes, etc.
Most people think it is important to have it and do not wish to have 1.5.3.
> 2. Assuming we will have 1.5.3
>     As far as I know all features are ready except to:
>     - Add a better support for RAW Eth QP in mlx4 and verbs
>
> Schedule:
> - RC1 - Dec 23, 2010 (without the RAW Eth QP) - so testing of all components will be able to start
> - RC2 - Jan 11, 2011 (with the RAW Eth QP)
> - GA  - Jan 31, 2011

Schedule is OK with all participants

OFA workshop:
- We should prepare update from EWG
- New technologies that are expected to be in OFA

We will discuss this in more details in the meeting next week.

Next meeting will be at Jan 3, 2011 - Happy New Year to all :-)

Tziporet