[ewg] EWG/OFED meeting June 7, 2010 meeting minutes

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.co.il
Tue Jun 8 01:44:05 PDT 2010

Meeting summary:
----------------
1. OFED 1.5.2 progress as planned
2. We plan to have RC2 on Thursday this week (Jun 10, 2010)

Meeting details:
----------------
1. OFED 1.5.2 - features status
- Add new OSes:
   - RHEL 5.5 - done
   - SLES11 SP1 - Jeff Backer volunteered to do it
   - Add RHEL6 beta - done
- Update the management package - new package was provided (not final)
- Update with new libibverbs 1.1.4 from Roland - on work
- Add-on packages that does not touch the core:
   - Qlogic wish to add PSM library - Need to fix PSN library not to build on systems
                 that are not supported: ia64 and PPC - Betsy should be responsible for this
   - New libehca tarball - done
   - iWarp Multicast Acceleration (IBV_QPT_RAW_ETH) - done
   - Add IBV_QPT_RAW_ETH for mlx4 - Voltaire - with in discussion between V & Mellanox.
                           Moni to coordinate change for the nes driver on RAW Eth QP
   - ACM - Sean - done
   - uDAPL package with bug fixes - better support for RoCE - done
   - SDP Zcopy in GA - on work - toward completion
- Critical bug fixes - ongoing

2. OFED 1.5.2 testing status - all
Voltaire will start more testing after RC2
Intel - Woody - continue testing - all good so far
Nes - have one issue that they should fix
IBM - not much testing. Will start on RC2
Qlogic - no info
HP - not testing
Mellanox - regression is running, focused on SDP

Open: Is anyone interested to add more kernel.org support beyond 2.6.32 we already support

3. Schedule:
Beta - May 3 - done - used in the interop. Report on OFED issues will be provided.
RC1  - May 31 - done
RC2  - Jun 10
RC3  - Jun 22
GA   - Jun 29