[ewg] RFC: Splitting of the management git tree in Open Fabrics

Ira Weiny weiny2 at llnl.gov
Thu Sep 2 14:05:39 PDT 2010

On Thu, 2 Sep 2010 13:36:34 -0700
Hal Rosenstock <hal.rosenstock at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ira,
>
> On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 3:51 PM, Ira Weiny <weiny2 at llnl.gov> wrote:
> > As I briefly mentioned in an email to Yevgeny regarding libibumad ABI's; I
> > believe it is time to break up the management git tree.
>
> I think these are separate issues. What are you trying to achieve by
> doing this ?

Yes they are separate issues.  That is why I started this thread.

When I said "I think it is time to break up the management git tree" I was
thinking along the lines that umad and mad are libraries used by tools outside
of OpenSM and infiniband-diags.  As such I think it would be easier to
maintain them as separate trees.  This includes maintaining branches and
versions with consistent ABI's.

Ira