[ewg] Please apply attached patches to ofed_kernel_1_5

Jeff Becker Jeffrey.C.Becker at nasa.gov
Fri Jul 29 11:42:33 PDT 2011

On 07/29/2011 11:19 AM, Steve Wise wrote:
> On 07/27/2011 02:13 PM, Jeff Becker wrote:
>> Hi Steve. I only tested these against 2.6.30 (OFED 1.5.4 base). I haven't gotten to backports yet. The main change is not to check out and build NFS, since that conflicted with the distros. Anyway, any help is appreciated. Thanks.
>>
>> Jeff
>>
>> Steve Wise<swise at opengridcomputing.com>   wrote:
>>
> I hope removing the fs/nfs* stuff doesn't break the backport kernels?  IE the _entire_ NFS subsystem might need to be
> rebuilt and backported for the older kernels.  I think that's why the original code did this.  We're seeing problems
> with RHEL5.x and the OFED-1.5.4 NFSRDMA.  Debugging now, but just wanted to bring this up...

When Tziporet and I discussed this for OFED 1.5.4, we agreed that
NFSRDMA would be supported on newer distros (RHEL 6, SLES 11) which do
not need the fs/nfs stuff. If we need to support the older distros,  we
probably do need fs/nfs since their kernels predate NFSRDMA, and all the
associated changes made in core NFS to support it. What do you think?
Thanks.

-jeff