[ewg] OFED 1.5.4.1 userland port to OpenIndiana/Illumos

Brendan Doyle brendan.doyle at oracle.com
Wed Feb 22 14:38:19 PST 2012

Hi,

As some of you may be aware many components of OFED have been ported to
Solaris for quite some time now,  and are bundled  with S11. The ported
components are:

libibverbs-1.1.4
libmlx4-1.0.1
libmthca-1.0.5
librdmacm-1.0.14.1
perftest-1.3.0
qperf-0.4.6
ibutils-1.5.7
rds-tools-2.0.7
infiniband-diags-1.5.8
libibmad-1.3.7
libsdp-1.1.108
libibumad-1.3.7
opensm-3.3.9 (just the libraries, the opemsm application is not supported)

To locate design documents, and Solaris Architectural Review (ARC) cases
simply google ("OFUV ARC"). Also all the relevant man pages are installed,
simply type "#man verbs", "#man ibv_devices", etc..  on an S11 system. If
there are other OFED components  that people think should be included in
the Solaris portfolio, then please don't hesitate to contact me, and I will
see that the request is reviewed.

The libraries and tools provided by these are used extensively within
Oracle (including  the Exadata & Exalogic Solaris product line among
others) and by external Solaris developers.

The port has been extensively tested, in fact we developed an API test
suite for libibverbs & librdmacm that consists of approximately 28K lines
of code. We use this test suiteon both Solaris and Oracle Enterprise
Linux (OEL).

We have fixed many bugs, not only endian (the port runs on SPARC too)
related ones, but also generic OFED ones.

Best Regards,

Brendan Doyle (Brendan.Doyle at Oracle.com)