[ewg] OFED 1.5.4.1 userland port to OpenIndiana/Illumos

Syoyo Fujita syoyofujita at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 21:45:48 PST 2012

Hello Brendan,

> As some of you may be aware many components of OFED have been ported to
> Solaris for quite some time now,  and are bundled  with S11. The ported
> components are:

Yes, my patches are based on this.
Please see READE section carefully:

https://github.com/syoyo/oi-build/tree/ofed-1.5.4.1/components/open-fabrics

> The port has been extensively tested, in fact we developed an API test
> suite for libibverbs & librdmacm that consists of approximately 28K lines
> of code. We use this test suiteon both Solaris and Oracle Enterprise
> Linux (OEL).
>
> We have fixed many bugs, not only endian (the port runs on SPARC too)
> related ones, but also generic OFED ones.

The problem is that OFED ported to S11 is somewhat dated: it is based
on 1.5.3, which is incompatible with recent Linux OFED 1.5.4.1.
Also, it does not support OpenIndiana/Illumos.
My patches covers these.

--
Syoyo