[ewg] Mellanox: ConnectX-3VPI Driver Problem

Hector Abrach HAbrach at TMRIUSA.COM
Mon May 7 14:58:35 PDT 2012

Pavan,

Thank you, I've contacted Mellanox via email and they replied they cannot
dedicate a resource so they moved it up to "Support Admin" for further
review. We should have an NDA, I'm guessing it's a robot answering, not
sure.

With respect to my second question:
Yes, It  is connected to Mellanox switch (MIS5022Q).
I have tested without a switch and says the port is "1: Down".
I've noticed that if OpenSM is not up the port remains in INIT if plugged
in to a switch.
When OpenSM is run under Linux the port goes to the "4: Active" state
after OpenSM moves to the Master state. I'm currently trying to track down
where OpenSM fails. My current theory is that it is somehow in the driver:
core/mad.c and/or OpenSM osm_sm_mad_ctrl.c file. I seem to fail with qp0
mads outstanding.

We actually, have the MTHCA driver working and I know openSM works for
that one but we have a new requirement to support the ConnectX QDR
cards...

Thank you for your help!!

Hector Abrach